Friday, March 19, 2010

My Gorgeous Island Girl-Loving Her In Hawaii



This is my all time favorite picture of my oldest daughter.

A Little Love Letter
Oh pretty pet with the tangled hair,
Down by the sighing summer sea-
Oh dimpled darling with cheeks so fair,
Tell me, oh darling, when musing there,
Will you think of me?
Oh sweetest sweet, when the salt breeze sighs
'mid silken locks over flowing free,
While gulls glint white against sleepy skies,
Will looks of those bright brown loving eyes
Ever by turned to me?
Ah, laughing child, when your eyes beam bright,
And lips are parted in girlish glee;
When the shore is glad in still summer night,
With your sweet soft smile,
And your laughter light,
Do you smile on me?
When the moon is up, and sleeps the land
To tender music in minor key;
When the silver ripples hush the strand
And scarely dimple the golden sand,
Will you dream of me?
Poor little heart! When your cheeks are wet,
With tears that sadden one's heart to see,
Your moist lips tremble- you can't forget:
Sometimes the sun through the rain shines, pet
When you weep for me
-J. Ashby-Sterry (1893)

No comments:

Post a Comment