Monday, November 17, 2008

LOVE-I love you enough to give any sacrifice for you

This is part of a story that I found on this blog http://blog.cjanerun.com/
It is truly how I feel about love. I have tried to verbalize these feelings and emotions but have never got it right. C Jane was able to put down exactly what I want my kids to know of love.

But the siblinghood in my family doesn't really do ownership anyway. We trade carpet cleaners, recipes and children alike. I have baby equipment from my sister-in-law Megan and Andrew's wood saw in our shed. We have Steph's SUV and Andrew has mine. Clothes spread around like a virus. I let someone borrow my favorite stretchy black dress and spotted it six months later on my sister-in-law Lindsay who was nine months pregnant. She handed it to the next pregnant female and truth-be-told, I never saw it again. But, come to think of it, I got it from Page in the first place. It came from some swank store in San Francisco.

But, I'm over it. See?

Perhaps my details are less clear because this process has taught me the value of charity. When you really care for someone you come to a point where all is yours, mine, ours. As in, what is yours to love, is mine to love, mine to love is yours to love. Love is the most important part.
Don't acquire anything unless you are willing to devote love. It is the Law of the Good Steward.

No comments:

Post a Comment