Thursday, July 3, 2008

WOW

Well I called our adoption agency two days ago for some help filling out some paperwork. I wasn't going to ask for a "list" number update, I figured that we had already been so lucky to move up two in such a short amount of time. At the end of the call I got the courage up and asked if we had moved up the list. The sweet lady that was helping me put me on hold. When she came back she sure shocked me. She said we were now #23, what a jump in less than a month AND then she proceeded to tell me that unofficialy we are #18 because there are 5 families above us on the list that are on "hold" for some reason or another. I have been in fast forward mode for two days trying to do paperwork that I thought would be kicking around here for at least a year if not two. Now I have scheduled the doctor appointments for our physicals for the end of August and have also scheduled a day for our passports. I assume the referrals will slow down but I sure don't want to be caught getting that phone call announcing our baby and having to say, "oh, can you keep her for awhile-we don't have PASSPORTS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment