Friday, January 30, 2009

Redo-With Loving Care


This is my 3 1/2 year old son with the gift bag for our girl!


Well I did this post kinda last week. I took the photos and published them. I did not write anything though because I could not get the cups in the bag and was not happy about it. My husband said to leave them behind because he felt that they were not "age appropriate" for a 5-6 month old. Me, being a mother did not want to not put them in, my little girl needs some type of brighly colored toy that will catch her attention when she opens it. She will most likely be like any other child and care less about the clothing that we are sending her. I also wanted to send a dress and there was NO way I was going to get anything else shoved in the bag. I have heard that a traveling family will take along your care package for you. I have also been told that it needs to be a gallon size zippy bag. I HOPE the family or person traveling with my bag will have mercy on me and accept my bag that is a little bigger that the gallon size zippy bag. Laying next to a gallon size bag it only appears to be about an inch bigger when closed but who knows what the rules are. Maybe if I pay the extra bag fee for airlines they will be willing to take it. Also once the original zippy bag was closed my husband said that I should be sleeping with the blanket so that the baby will recognize me when we meet. I told him that I had sprayed all soft contents of the bag with my perfume that I will be wearing when I meet her. He then said that he had recently listed to a program on NPR and that he knew that I needed to sleep with it. Thanks for the info after shoving like crazy to get everything in the bag. I also feel that the foster mother with most likely wash the clothing and blankets before using them so not sure what I will do as far as sleeping with the blanket...As you can see I added two more toys and two more outfits to these photos...and four pairs of socks. Although if we don't get to send the care package before the end of spring I will have to redo again with spring-summer outfits.

No comments:

Post a Comment