Monday, April 13, 2009

Isabella Eun Jin Lee


This post is bittersweet. First of all we are so LUCKY to be adopting this adorable little girl. We will forver be thankful to her birth mother, and all involved with her care before we are able to travel to bring her home to our family.
Thankfully I have never had to consider giving one of my children up for adoption. The thought is unthinkable to me and it brings me great sadness and grief to even think about how I would feel. Unfortunately there are situations where mothers and fathers do have to give up their children for others to care for. I am sure in most situations this is not an easy decision for them and they will wonder for the rest of their lives if there was any way they could have kept them and how they will grow up.
I have great respect for our daughter's birth mother. She was a loving mother, and thoughtful enough to place her daughter for adoption after realizing she could not care for her. In another time or place, with a different life situation I am sure she would have kept her beautiful baby and raised her herself. I hope that someday our daughter will have the opportunity to travel to Korea to meet and spend some time with her birth mother. I know that if I were adopted I would want to meet the person that gave birth to me.
We are also lucky enough to have Isabella's foster mother described as an affectionate, loving person who is also a hard worker. Her foster mother enjoys comforting her when she frets before nap time.
Our baby is named after her birth mother's family. The intake worker named her after the family hoping that she would grow up to be a gentle and faithful person. We love this about her name and have chosen to keep her full Korean name as her middle name-although some of the family has already decided to call her by her Korean name.
Isabella Eun Jin has been described as a cute and loveable baby girl. She also babbles well and giggles when in a good mood. She likes to bathe and recognizes her foster mother with a smile.
Isabella was 2.02 kilograms at birth. She had a low birth weight and was hospitalized for a few days because of this. She has steadily gained weight and is a healthy girl.
We are so excited that we get to travel to meet this special girl. We can't wait to bring her home. We are going to love, comfort and support her for the rest of our lives.

2 comments:

  1. I think that is the perfect name. Hurry home Isabella Eun Jin Lee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are lucky to have new pictures of her already! We are just thrilled for you!

    I often think of our baby's birth mom and also her foster mom. I think our hearts will always be tied together because of the little girl we each have loved.

    ReplyDelete