Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Answer To Question About Our I600 Wait

I know it seems like we have been waiting for this forever, although on Saturday, June 20 we will have waited one month. There was some confusion at AAC and I was told that our I600 was submitted to USCIS on April 20, when in fact our file had only been submitted to Korea. We received our I600A approval on May 6, our baby's legals on May 20 and according to AAC our I600 was sent to USCIS the same day they sent the legals to us, May 19. So give or take a day USCIS should have had it in their office by at least May 21, the office that it was sent to is quite near to us. According to "Jerry" a representative there that did our I600A things WERE moving quickly and he figured by doing the I600A we should have had the I600 within two weeks of submitting. Now if I email him about it he is quite rude and tells me that I need to just wait. Sure it may be easy for him to wait, it's not his baby... According to him, people waiting cannot get any info by phone, email or appointment concerning the processing of the I600 form. The petitioner can write a letter and send it by mail BUT it it up to the processor if they choose to respond to your request for information. Thats government work for ya.

2 comments:

  1. It's so frustrating when things are out of our control, and especially when those who ARE in control are rude about it.

    I hope to see your announcement soon that the I600 have finally come in. SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. our 2 year wait will end in 2 days. I agree that at times it can be frustrating but one can try to be positive (the glass is 1/4 full!) and make the most of the current situation.

    During our long wait my wife and I spoke with friends who are parents and asked them: "If you did not have children now, what would you do with your time?" We got a lot of great answers.

    Needless to say, we've been watching a lot of movies, going to nice restaurants, we went travelling to four countries in the last 2 years, and we've renovated our home.

    While nothing would have made us happier than to have had a child during this period, we made the best of second-best. :)

    My $0.02.

    ReplyDelete