Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Thank You For Adopting The Baby

We met this young man from Korea while looking for a candy store. He was so nice. He said a few things to a sleeping Eun Jin in Korean. I will have to get it translated. As we were walking away from him he said, "Thank you for adopting the baby."
I have thought about how Korean people will view us as parents of a baby born in Korea. I have been afraid of what the reaction might be. Will they be offended or will they understand that she needed a family? I hope they will be happy for her and not resentful.
This young man was so thrilled to be from Korea but he also was very sincere when he thanked us for adopting her. It surprised me because I would assume he was in is early 20s and we did not come right out and say that we had adopted her, we just asked him if he would like to speak with our daughter who was also from Korea. I wonder how much information is given to Korean children about International adoption.


The dad of another family adopting, translated this video for us!
Thank you sooooo much wowluckymama! I sure am glad you are a reader of my blog.

This is being said to Eun Jin:

Eun Jin Hello Eun Jin it is good to see you. We expect you to be happy and to grow up strong and look like us. You need to be happy.

1 comment: