Thursday, September 10, 2009

Katherine Heigl & Husband Adopting a Girl


Almost exactly a year ago, musician Josh Kelley said he and wife Katherine Heigl weren't talking about starting a family.

Looks like somebody changed the subject.

"It is a little girl and she'll be 10 months at the end this month," Heigl said on The Ellen DeGeneres Show in an episode to air Friday, announcing her impending adoption. "She was actually born the day before me in November, which I thought was really serendipitous and just kind of like a sign. I realized just recently that I basically forfeited my birthday for the rest of my life."

The couple are adopting a special-needs girl from Korea; Heigl's sister also was adopted from Korea.

Heigl, 30, who married Kelly in December 2007, recently hosted a baby shower for Ellen Pompeo. And last week, Heigl got a leave of absence from Grey's Anatomy to film the movie Life As We Know It.

"Her name is Naleigh," Heigl said. "Well, I am naming her after my mother and sister Nancy, Leigh. So we call her Naleigh."

Heigl's new daughter will be coming "real soon," she said.

" I wanted to tell everybody so you don't think I stole a Korean baby," she said, laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment