Thursday, July 23, 2009

Absolutely Horrible News

I received a paper in the mail today from the USCIS. It is not an approval, it is a request for all kinds of information...

It says we are supposed to submit the following,

A copy of childs I600A

Copy of childs birth certificate

Copy of paperwork showing irrevocable relinquishment of parental rights by biological mother

Original or certified copy of marriage license

Original or certified copy of both adoptive parents birth certificates

A foreign document must be accompanied by a complete translation in english, including all signatures, stamps and seals.

Clarify whether you intend to complete adoption in korea then bring child to us or to complete adoption in us

Furnish a copy of the Seoul Family Affairs Court documents establishing the childs indentity and orphan status as referenced in the Standard Certificate, if available.

It also states that our I600 application was received on June 19 2009 and that they are currently working on those received in January 2009 and will be processed in order received.

When I last talked with Nicole about the family before us that had problems with USCIS she told me all these things and that they had been with the original file sent. She said that they had to get the boss who is in Colorado to get involved to get the people in Utah to do it right. I sure hope they can get this taken care of quickly.

My heart can't take it.
Hopefully I can get ahold of someone by phone tomorrow and say what the heck...
(We should have only 22 days of this hell left, but based on their "received" date we are only in the wait 35 days. So I am going to be very upset if this is true as AAC told me it was received May 19...Hmmm.)

8 comments:

  1. Oh, my heart absolutely breaks for you. I am sending you all the positive vibes I can and hoping that it's just a misunderstanding that can be cleared quickly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say you should be calling congress people! I will do anything I can to help. What about the news they would love to hear about a government agency who is making parents wait upwards of 8 months to get their babies home when other states take 2-3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're kidding?! This is CRAZY!!

    Oh my goodness, you must be furious! So, so sorry Amber.

    If there is anything I can do to help...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, MAN! That is not the letter you wanted to see. Let's just hope this all is a misunderstanding that you can work out over the phone tomorrow. I'm also hoping your agency will be helpful in this regard. I'm sorry you had to get this news. Keep us posted...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh. That is absolutely unbelievable. I agreee, it's time to get the state reps involved. Are you kidding me?

    I cannot stand this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have learned that initial news is usually much worse than it ends up to be. I sware they love to shock you with the worse and then it slowly improves. I hope it is the case with you and that things will progress smoothly and quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have felt so sad ever since I read your blog. Know that my prayers are with you and that my arms encircle you with my care!

    ReplyDelete