Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Lynda-Picture Me In My Best Julie Andrews Voice Singing...







Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of those berries and flowers. The only things I can seem to grow are weeds and nerds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this song about adoption today and it made me cry. Perhaps you have heard it before.


    SWEPT AWAY
    Written and performed by Geoff Moore

    We would say your name
    A hundred times a day
    Like speaking words in faith
    And with a mixture of
    Hope and fear and trust
    We prayed for the strength to wait
    And dreamed of how we'd feel the day
    You'd be in our arms and…

    (chorus)
    Swept away
    Caught up in our love
    Home to stay
    You'll never be alone
    You'll be amazed
    At how much you are loved
    Your life will never be the same
    Once you're swept away

    What once was just a dream?
    Is now reaching up to me
    And I hold her in my arms
    Father thank you for the way
    You held her all those days
    That we had to spend apart
    And now I see the impossible dream
    Is holding me and I'm…

    (chorus)
    Swept away
    Caught up in your love
    Home to stay
    I 'll never be alone
    And I'm amazed
    At how much I am loved
    My life will never be the same
    I've been swept away

    ReplyDelete