Friday, July 31, 2009

9 Months

***Neither of these are my belly!***

I love this picture, I have seen it before and am going to try to "recreate" it with Isabella, maybe our hands on her back or side of her head? Any ideas?

This is how I feel about Isabella, we got a small look at her but we cant' touch her yet. Look closely and see the little baby foot.

Nine months. That is how old Isabella turned today. Her age now is the length of most pregnancies…We cannot wait to get this girl home. It will be so good to meet her. Elephants have the longest gestation period at 22 months. We waited about 11 months for referral. Add that to the 3 months we have been waiting for since referral and we are at 14 months. I wonder how close to the mother elephants wait we will get. I found this online talking about the care mother elephants give their babies. Its quite heart warming to think that they are so good to their babies. It kinda reminds me of our family, my husband thinks our kids are my hobby and lets me raise them how I want-that is until he “thinks” I am doing something wrong and then he wants to take over…Ha Ha Ha, like this mother elephant would raise her kids wrong!!!

Like most mammals, elephants have a high degree of maternal care. Although male elephants do not participate in the family, females will love and nurture their babies constantly. The mother uses it’s trunk to caress the baby, to scrub and clean it, and to keep watch and stand guard. Mother elephants are among the most attentive of mothers. If her baby dies, the mother will grieve. She will seem to shed tears and not eat for a long time. Should the babies wander off or misbehave, however, mother elephants are prepared to discipline their babies with a swat of their trunks.
I hope in 3 months I am posting sweet Isabella's 1st Birthday and 1st Halloween. She is going to be a turtle. The cute little turtle from Finding Nemo and my boy is going to be Nemo. He is also going to be a transformer...I got the Nemo costume for him last year and he had to be Superman instead so this year he has to humor me with the Nemo costume so he matches our baby turtle. I will let him trick or treat as Optimus Prime though. (I should have done this post on the gestation of turtles-but its only 6-10 weeks-no comparison to us.)

No comments:

Post a Comment