Monday, July 27, 2009

Still Stressed Out

Well I talked to Nicole to get an update on the USCIS situation. They have to request from the Korean agency our daughter's birth mother relinquishment. This is not paperwork that is normally given out by the Korean Agency and they do not like to provide it as it is confidential between them and birth mother. USCIS says they will not approve our paperwork without it. Nicole said it will take "awhile" to get it from Korea. The family that is ahead of us going through this situation will not be able to go to Korea before thier child's first birthday. Nicole said "hopefully" we will get to travel before our daughter's birthday...Nicole said this information should not be needed for the USCIS approval but for some reason the Utah office requests/requires it. The supervisor in the Colorado office is also the supervisor over the Utah office, I seriously think AAC needs to do battle with the Utah office, so that families do not have to wait for something that is not required. Nicole thought that after dealing with the family before us that they would not have to help a family through this again. Now she thinks its going to be standard for Utah families. Good Luck with the Korean agency providing the CONFIDENTIAL birth mother relinquishment. I doubt they are going to want to do that on a regular basis. Nicole also asked me if I wanted to swing by and pick up the new video of our daugter, I kinda sat there for a minute and then said "Nicole, I live in Utah." And she sat there for a minute and I said "Why don't you mail it to me..." (I was actually hoping the new video would be in our mail today because when I called Friday and Nicole wasn't there Morgan said she was out at the post office mailing videos.)

2 comments:

  1. I really don't get how different offices of the same agency can require different things.

    Very frustrating, although I would imagine they are just making sure the babies are truly relinquished and not "stolen"??? Still, you'd think that would come from "the top" and not just one office.

    I'm just glad the agency is fighting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a rough day! I'm sorry. This just has to get better right I mean really it HAS to. Your baby needs to come home.

    ReplyDelete