Friday, August 7, 2009

Gearing Up For The Phone Call Today

So when I first got with AAC my social worker told me to only talk to Joni. She said Joni knew everything. So that is what I did, but when it was known that Joni was leaving somehow I got handed to Nicole. Not sure I am thrilled right now about that. I had talked with Joni sooooooo many times throughout the wait, I truly felt she was involved and wanted us to have a referral as bad as we did. She would commiserate with me each week when no referrals came in.
I can't decide if I am being overly sensitive about paperwork and emails not being sent or phone calls not being made. I am trying to have patience with Nicole because I am sure she is working with many families and with different state requirements and so forth. I truly hope that she does get our paperwork to Fed Ex so that USCIS has no other excuses. I really would like to hear that she has talked to USCIS today and gotten an update of when we will be approved. I would like it alot if she gets me an email stating we are waiting for travel so that I can submit my FMLA paperwork for my job.
I know, that's a bunch of stuff to want to have happen.
I really have been nice up to this point but today I may have to SCREAM. I am going to give her the benefit of the doubt this last time and hope that I have just been freaking out.

1 comment:

  1. It's a lot to deal with and to try to put it into someone else's hands is such a leap of faith. So, much can go wrong with just one missed form or one missed piece of information. I for one can see why you're worried and skeptical. It's ok for you to feel this way when someone is responsible for your child and it's out of your hands for the moment. But eventually....it will be back in your control and you will be able to relax. My mom always says, "Tomorrow....today will only be a memory." In other words, sadness and stress will eventually go away and just be in the past .....with all the happiness that the future has to hold will then be your present.

    ReplyDelete