Monday, August 17, 2009

Getting Back To Business

I need to get back into the swing of things and get ready for Korea!
My son and Isabella are all packed. I need to pack my 10 year old daughter's suitcase.
Today I ordered some more Gerber Onesies to take to donate to Eastern. We have decided to donate packages of Onesies because they are made in India and we HOPE that Eastern will use them. I have heard rumors that they will not use things made in China. We also are going to make a small cash donation to the Director of Eastern. It sounds like this is somewhat customary and we would rather be prepared than not. I am going to the bank here in about two weeks to exchange our U.S. dollars for Korean Won. I also need to decide if we are going to try to stay in the guest house at Eastern or get a hotel. I want to stay at the guest house but don't want to have to find a hotel in a rush if the guest house is already full. I also ordered the electric converter/adapter, hoping this really is what we need to use our small electronics in Korea.

3 comments:

  1. Small detais...big details.....all of which are so fun in getting ready to meet her. Hang in there it will be soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be getting so excited! :) AAC got us a great hotel room with a discount last minute when we got our travel call and the guest house was full. They also had a driver waiting for us at the airport even though it was late at night on a Saturday! It's so nice that they take care of all of that for us. Of all the gifts I brought for the babies at Eastern they nursery worker seemed most pleased by the big boxes of Gerber rice cereal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are working on getting over to your little girl.

    ReplyDelete